Ross possesses solid strategic & tactical business skills with the highest-quality online marketing & ecommerce background developed by successive roles with increasing leadership responsibility on-the-ground in international environments @ :
He achieved his graduate business degree within the upper quartile from IE Business School, which is widely regarded in the Top 5 business school's internationally. He is highly analytical, communicative, team-orientated and always focused on the right conversation with a key blend of essential business ingredients and acumen designed to move business goals forward. When great organisations, teams and people reach their collective goals, they succeed and win to make a special impact - he is tenacious & voracious in enabling this process while disabling constraints.
Additionally, his extreme motivation, acute-focus and high-commitment to learning lead to successful outcomes and results. Pro-bono startup experience has also developed his innovation & ideation skills.
Key professional goals include continuous professional development, adding increasing value and achieving the best from both himself and those around him to create win-win situations
CityJet is an iconic Irish brand in the aviation and travel industry with an illustrious heritage. My time spent there gave me the chance to learn this intrinsically from great management, supportive colleagues and some external partners that operated as part of the team.
- I was fully responsible for all strategy and execution of functions related to eCommerce @ Cityjet.
- Directly responsible for 2 reports and several important commercial vendor relationships.
- Head of Online sales / Senior Manager
- May 2014 – Present, Berlin Area, Germany
- One of the leading airlines in Europe and flies to 138 destinations worldwide each year. The second largest airline in Germany carried more than 31.7 million passengers in 2014.
- Head of International Affiliate Marketing
- March 2012 – April 2013 (1 year 2 months), Berlin Area, Germany
- Group-buying deal business flourished at the height of the Great Recession and Groupon grew fast to fill consumers demand during times of austerity. I had the opportunity to experience this and scale Groupon's affiliate marketing across 42 international markets.
- Business Manager (Online Media)
- August 2010 – March 2012 (1 year 8 months)
- Michael Dell started the entrepreneurial journey in his college dorm room & grew his company into a Fortune 500 and market-leading global brand. I had the absolute privilege to be part of this organisation and manage their display marketing business in Europe.
- 2009 – August 2010 (1 year), European HQ - Dublin
- Early-stage European hire, proud to be part of a great company with great people, trying to change the world and make it a more connected place.
- Account Manager
- December 2006 – November 2009 (3 years)
- Thinking big and proud to have the opportunity to start my digital career with some of the best talent in the online advertising business.
- Summer Intern
- June 2006 – November 2006 (6 months) Barcelona Area, Spain
- I was fortunate to land an international marketing internship with a small catalan start-up that became eBay Enterprise today.
- Bachelor of Business in eCommerce
- I completed Ireland's first university business degree program for digital business